South Florida Chapter of the Belarusian-American Association, Inc. (BAZA) is an organization whose members share a connection to the Belarusian nation through ancestry or strong personal ties.
South Florida Chapter is associated with the Belarusian-American Association, Inc (BAZA) and respects its Constitution, bylaws, mission and objectives.
The Chapter was established to serve as a center for existing Belarusian community in South Florida.
South Florida Chapter of the Belarusian-American Association, Inc. (BAZA):
- advocates for traditional Belarusian values, democratic development, and respect for human rights in Republic of Belarus;
- informs the American society and leadership about the history and culture of Belarusians and the state of affairs in the modern Republic of Belarus;
- promotes the preservation, advancement, and celebration of Belarusian culture and history;
- promotes contributions by Belarusians to American society;
- provides support to the organization’s members;
- oversees and contributes to the publication of books and periodicals on Belarusian topics.
In order to become a member of the chapter, an applicant should have the Belarusian origin, come from Belarus, be related to a Belarusian or be involved in activities that somehow are related to Belarus.
The Chapter holds numerous Belarusian gatherings, political and cultural events within the community and participates in the outside activities as well.
Sergei Volkau is Founder and Chairperson (2012-2018) of the Chapter.
Andrei Pushkarou is Chairperson (2019-2022) of the Chapter.
Aliaksandra Pushkarova is Chairperson (2022 - current) of the Chapter.
Aliaksandr Kulinkovich is Vice Chair (2022 - current) of the Chapter.
Natallia Linkevich is Treasurer (2022 - current) of the Chapter.
Palina Prysmakova is Secretary (2016 - current) of the Chapter.